Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Noble Wife.

Had my daily devotion this morning and my topical bible brought me to this particular passage about the noble wife. The passage is in Proverbs 31:10-31.

While my early stage of marriage is still pretty much working for me, some words of wisdom from the bible could help me start founded properly on what the bible says.

Reading the passage as it enumerates descriptively how a noble wife should be scared me since most of it entails a lot of effort. At least for a working wife like me. However, as I claim God's promises in my life, juggling personal and career life can be all so worth it by the grace of God.

Thus, I'm sharing you what I've picked up.

1. A noble wife is God-fearing.
-Therefore, she is trustworthy at all times. "Who you are when no one is looking" will always reflect who God is in your life.

2. A noble wife enjoys her work.
- It is always better to quote:
"She shops around for the best yarns and cottons,
and enjoys knitting and sewing.
She’s like a trading ship that sails to faraway places
and brings back exotic surprises.
She’s up before dawn, preparing breakfast
for her family and organizing her day.
She looks over a field and buys it,
then, with money she’s put aside, plants a garden.
First thing in the morning, she dresses for work,
rolls up her sleeves, eager to get started.
She senses the worth of her work,
is in no hurry to call it quits for the day.
She’s skilled in the crafts of home and hearth,
diligent in homemaking."

3. A noble wife doesn't worry. Is cheerful. Is full of faith.
-When I was single, I worry about almost everything. Now that I am in a charge of taking care of another life, or maybe more lives in the future (depending on how many children I'll have), I can expect worrisome days. The passage emphasized a cheerful character of a wife, always ready to face the day. Worry came from fear and the antidote of fear is faith. Simple logic I've learned by attending church when I was college. So I may expect worrisome days, but a life full of faith, leaps and overcomes with excitement.

More to say, but I'll perhaps just tell you to start enjoying your day! Cheers!

No comments: