Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I Will Only Live For A Day


Whenever I feel something that could affect my mood or focus, I used to encourage myself by thinking that I will only live for A DAY. 


I will only live a day, not because Im dying or something, but because I know that I will only bear with whatever it is I have today, "for A DAY!" That I would only have to battle with it (anything) until I close my eyes and sleep. 



Meaning, Everything, will only last for a day. 

Like the Psalmist, when He exclaimed,
"This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it." - Psalms 118:24
So when I feel...


Pain.
It'll be alright.
I will sleep anyways.
Tomorrow, either the feeling is gone or I am tougher.


Tempted.
It'll be alright.
I will sleep anyways.
Tomorrow, either I'm faster to flee from it, or the devil is already tired to stand me just ignoring it. 


Great Want (Missing).
It'll be alright.
I will sleep anyways.
Tomorrow, either I am more patient than today or I will find an antidote for it.


Worried.
It'll be alright.
I will sleep anyways.
Tomorrow? haha.. Let tomorrow worry about itself! -Matthew 6:34


Everything that has to be won is a day-by-day battle. Let us try not to live our lives in a hurry wanting to have everything today. And living for a day is how we should measure it. 


I am thankful that I do not have EVERYTHING, for I also do not have those things that I DO NOT WANT.


I am thankful that I do not have everything I wanted TODAY. For i'll have no more reason to live-up my life tomorrow.


Therefore, "I WILL LIVE ONLY FOR A DAY!"

No comments: