Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Desperation



Just as I wanted to know my remaining purpose of staying here in the island, God has been so quick in answering my prayers.
There are these words I kept at the back of my mind on my 2nd day of fasting. These words I received from a friend whom I really don’t expect I could talk to the night I was so broken.
“If you think God will be glorified of you going back home, then do it. But If you think that God will be more glorified as you stay there despite of all the persecution and sufferings, I’d rather see you stay. “
Hearing such, God reminded me of the verse he gave me to hold on to before going here. (Jeremiah 1:17-19)
He again assured me of His great purpose of having me as His representative in this place; That He is aware, long before I came here that I will experience such sufferings and persecution, abandonment and ripping off of things I used to cloth myself with as security pillars- my life group, disciples, position in the church, ministry and immediate Christian friends, leaving only one thing in me, my relationship with Him. God reminded me that I am bound to overcome.
I am so fond of telling people, “How desperate (badly) you need/want it?”
Now, having sold out on my purpose, the only question is how desperate I am? How desperate I am to want/see change in the lives of those people I am with in this place? How desperate I am in wanting to let them experience God in their lives as well? How desperate I am in being an example? How desperate I am to glorify God despite all the hurts and pain of being far from a comfort zone?
“God has more in our lives than simply blessing us. It is His purpose, beyond His fellowship in us, beyond our personal needs.”

Psalms 32: 8
“ I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel and watch over you.”
Prayer Focus:
Purpose

No comments: