Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Brokenness



I decided to fast for 5 days and devote myself in 5 points (1 point each day).

I was so excited to start my fast, eager to receive some words and revelations, but God came to me very “extraordinarily”.
My first whole day of fast was so quiet. Hardly no word from God, not even a hint of His presence, nor an assurance that He’ll come to me and reveal to me those things that I am asking.

Truly, God will be committed in purifying His people. He is more committed and willing to enter to a broken vessel and mold it to a new one.

God exposed attitudes and characters to me in no way I could still hold on to it, nor retaliate.

It’s not that easy for me as God removed all the inequities and wrong relationships in me. He made me realize His dealings and grace for me in the past 11 months of staying here.

He spoke to me in a very gentle way. He reminded me on how I “first” became in love with Him. On how I “first” decided to be patient waiting for His will in my life, on how I “first” established myself in faith and how I “first” entrusted my emotions to Him, my success and my life apart from my own abilities.

I found God so faithful and patient in reminding me of the things I completely trusted Him before. So clear….so fresh as they seem before..

Then there after, after having myself broken before Him, cleansing and restoration came, then uncontainable revelations upon revelations filled my fasting.
Philippians 2:13
“For it is God who works for in you to will and act according to His good purpose.”
Philippians 2: 15
“..So that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation in which you shine like stars in the Universe.”
Prayer Focus:
Characters and Attitudes

No comments: