Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Logic Vs. Quiet Time


Some days in my quiet time with God, I find myself in conversation.....the deepest conversation.

I love my mornings with the Lord because after, I always feel like I've been refreshed, assured and refuelled to go out and face the world. I find that His Word often and always edifies my spirit and I've been 'armoured up' to face whatever comes at me. In other words, I'm set for the rest of the day. I know within myself, if I haven't made that time to spend with the Lord, the rest of my day doesn't 'flow'. And boy does that show sometimes! Hey, I'm human, so I have my moments yannooo!  (Praising God for the moments! hehee*)

The beauty of being in relationship with Christ and spiritually 'walking' with Him every day, is knowing He is for me when everyone is against me. It gives me peace knowing who I can put my trust in & I have come to know that when I do just that (put my trust in Jesus), His Peace surpasses the craziness that surrounds me. His love & forgiveness enables me to embrace personalities that rub me up the wrong way and His grace that abounds in me, gives me the power to reject and nullify words spoken in negativity to discourage me or hurt me. Believe, being in His presence for me is just the BEST thing.

No matter how much we do or say to make sense and/or logic of things, the one true and sure factor is Jesus! The person that counts in the end is God. He knows my coming in, and my going out. Logic (ie., the mind of 'man') will say it's not possible because of how many factors. God has always said, YES IT IS! Logic will always say, well the time has come and gone, you've missed your chance. God has always said, 'MY TIMING IS PERFECT'...

Logic will work things out so that they always make sense. God's ways are not our ways and He can put whatever He wants together if it's right in Him. And usually, these are the things that people think are impossible, and unheard of to the mind of man and woman. It doesn't matter how many times we as people, in our human sense of understanding say and do things to convince ourselves that 'this is the RIGHT way', when God is at the center of everything you do, all things flow in accordance to His perfect time and His perfect plan. It doesn't mean, we forsake wisdom or caution either. That's foolishness. But when we chose to have that deeper relationship with the Lord, we in turn grow to become spiritually alert to discern where He's directing us. Then we are assured that what He says goes! And He will always confirm things for you. 


Every time I have my confirmation of what the Lord is saying to me, I take hold of it, stand on it in faith, and run with it! Even when I can't see entirely what's up ahead, faith becomes my fuel. So, I choose to look neither left nor right to distractions, I choose to pay no attention to everything else, but instead keep my eyes on Jesus and what He's shown me, and all will be fine. When God puts a plan together it will always be, so that He is glorified in the end! If He's said it, I believe it, and that settles it! Amen.

No comments: