Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Rest


A lot of times we go ahead of God. We carry out His purpose in our lives with complete zeal and passion yet still feel like we miss out His purpose ending up so tired of chasing an endless void.
Passion and zeal is not enough. It needs wisdom to achieve a harmonious result. Sometimes, we need to be still and at rest in order for us to be sensitive of God’s leading.
It is not always a “go”.
In chess, one takes time to think in order to make an offensive move. In basketball, there is what we call “time-out” to strategize. In music, we have what we call “Rest Note” in order to make a better melody. In Capoeira, there is what they call “chamada” in order for them to rest while they trick the opponent’s side.
So sweet that God is also the author of Rest. That he doesn’t expect us to be always on the go.
During my first day of fast, he required complete silence and stillness. He asked me to rest, and be completely broken, before he allowed Himself to move.
When I surrendered my abilities, as strong or weak they might be, I chose to worship God in my silence.
Faith involves not only seeing the promises of God but moving from a point of pleading to a point praising.
Isaiah 42:16
“ I will lead them in paths they have not known. I will make darkness light before them, then crooked places straight. These things I will do before them and not forsake them.”

Prayer Focus:
God’s Leading

No comments: