Saturday, July 20, 2013

Live to Tell the Tale.

Marriage will make you appreciate God more and His ability to find the person that would perfectly fit the kind of relationship He wants us to experience. 

Living with my husband for almost nine months now gave me a detailed view of how dedicated God is to align, correct, and balance my life according to His will. From unhealthy habits, dragging worries, to impractical spending; I can say that for that 9 months of being together, God was able to use my husband as an effective avenue to help me improve as a person.

There are many things I discovered along the way about his character that surprised me and made me appreciate him all the more. Here's some to enumerate:

-He is more organized at home than I am. When I met him, I never thought that he'd be more picky with colors and has the final say with house aesthetics than me. He has more preferences than me. He's good at setting standards. Never in our entire boyfriend-girlfriend relationship did I see that coming! :)

-He is a morning person, surprisingly. He would normally wake me up with a kiss on my forehead and a pot of freshly brewed coffee to start my day.

-While most of us find our uninterrupted time to read the bible in the morning or right before we sleep, PJ would normally study it in between his work breathers. He would also share his revelations already incorporated to his daily experiences that makes me remember and practice God's word better. 

-Most people think that he always say "yes" and would just go with the flow. On the contrary, he's more opinionated than how we perceive him to be. He won't give up until you fully accept his beliefs. His solutions to some problems may seem to sound absurd sometimes but his opinions never fail to come with wisdom. He has built a reputation that makes me trust and respect him on every decisions we are about to make as a young couple. 

-He is easy to be with. He appreciates good friends like brothers. He fights for relationships worth valuing. I never hear him say bad things about anyone. Even when he is tremendously upset. 

-He always remind me to be the better person no matter how hard my situation is. I admire the purity of his heart and motives. He is never arrogant nor self righteous. He never keeps scores of his life in comparison to someone else; which makes me understand how easy for him to live a life full of contentment and humility. 

-He celebrates life a lot! To him, there's no such thing as "I woke up at wrong side of the bed". 

I am so blessed to be given this wonderful gift of friendship. I am grateful for his life. 

As I look forward to more years, I can't help but praise God for working on the miracle of putting our lives together. 

I know we will live to tell this tale! :) 









No comments: